9 March 2009

Embrangle

We caught the closing day of a wonderful exhibit this afternoon; The Art of Lost Words features 47 pieces whose artists take inspiration from "lost" (obsolete or rarely used) words. The show took place in the German Gymnasium, which has been completely redone since we were here last.
I liked quite a few of the pieces, and if you fancy yourself a lover of words, you may want to have a look at the works online.
I particularly enjoyed Inergetical, Cacotopia (the online image doesn't make clear that the piece is a mirrored surface, so when you look at it, it's your face that forms the background for the word), Pocilliform, and Famelicose (which made me laugh out loud because I immediately thought of Bob). And the title of today's post is a word that inspired another piece in the exhibit, and although I didn't necessarily love the piece, I loved the word, which means "to confuse or entangle."

No comments: