20 July 2008

Non-Ferrous

I like the tiling work on this butcher shop:
And notice that the shop's closed on Sundays, but the eggs have been left in the window. When we first arrived in London, we were astounded that everyone stocks and sells eggs unrefrigerated--in fact, the first time we went grocery shopping, I couldn't find the eggs for a very, very long time, because who would look in the aisle with the spices? Like a crazy Canadian, I was looking near the milk and butter. Although I now accept this room-temperature location as normal, the Canadian shopper in me can't help but put my unrefrigerated eggs in the fridge (and remember, with the size of our fridge, space is at a premium!) as soon as we get home. Silly, I know. A sign near Angel tube pointed us toward an art sale, and since we had always meant to have a look in Candid Arts Trust, we did just that.
Although the art up for grabs wasn't really our style, it was nice to find a street so close to Angel that we'd never been on before.
The lovely Candid Café featured this charming secluded courtyard, a welcome change from the bustle that seems to permanently occupy the other side of Angel tube:

No comments: