1 February 2009

Wake Up . . .

I was already in bed tonight, half-asleep, when Bob came in and whispered what to me are magic words: "Wake up, it's snowing . . . ." I always like a good walk in the snow, and since we didn't know if the snow would be here in the morning, I put on some real clothes and we bundled up for a wintry walk. It wasn't snowing very much when we started,

but we were soon walking in a very respectable snowstorm!
Something about snow always makes people more chatty and friendly, and tonight we found out this is even true in keep-to-yourself-at-all-costs London. As we walked to Clissold Park, a man across the streets called out to us, "Hey, Merry Christmas, huh? In February!" and we returned his good wishes. There weren't many people out in the snow tonight, but everyone we passed smiled, and I was doubly glad Bob had woken me up tonight to experience snowy, friendly London. We just reached the park when the snow started to get pretty ridiculous.

The park gates were locked for the night, but we peeked into the snowy expanse:
One half of this couple was putting in quite a bit of effort at making the beginnings of a snowman, although the snow wasn't quite sticky enough yet.
We were starting to look a bit like snowpeople ourselves:
By the time we started heading back, the snow calmed down a bit, but it still looked like it would be sticking around until morning!

No comments: