1 November 2008

The Missing "S"

We enjoyed a lazy Saturday today, fighting cake withdrawal and lounging around the house with the weekend paper. Although I read almost every section of the Saturday Guardian, there is one section that I automatically discard, unread, each week.
The one good thing I can say about a section that covers a subject about which I have little interest is that it's nice to see the section called "Sport" instead of the North American term "Sports"--somehow it makes it seem as if there's going to be more humour and playfulness to it. Although Bob tells me that this isn't usually the case, today's image of Russell Brand on the front page made me ask Bob if he thought someone like Brand would ever be on the front page of the Vancouver Sun "Sports" section. "No way," was Bob's reply, and even though neither of us are crazy about Brand, we both thought it was a good thing that the same reply couldn't be made when asking about the Guardian.

No comments: