23 August 2008

The Hidden Cameras

One of our favourite Toronto bands, The Hidden Cameras (whose sound has been best described as "gay church folk music"), played a show in a nearby church tonight, and the entry stamps promised an evening of
If there's one thing that the band delivers, it's an energetic show--tonight's performance included a pair of frantic dancers in various states of undress,


and with few boundaries!
Although the band thanked the church officials for letting a show happen on the Saturday night before the Sunday service, I hope those officials knew what they were getting into when they booked The Hidden Cameras . . . .
Joel Gibb and his band put on a great show, and the sold-out crowd took in an encore
before spilling out onto the streets.
As we headed toward the bus stop, I laughed at the sight of these firefighters chatting with some young women just outside the firehouse--even though they're on duty, I guess their Shoreditch location lets them have some fun on Saturday night!

No comments: