29 April 2008

The Other Half

Lisa's sister Janice has joined Lisa, Jonathan, and Bronwen out in Shropshire since we were there, and the whole gang came down to London for a short visit a few days ago. Since they were all staying up in Hampstead with an old friend of Jonathan's, Bob and I arranged to meet them in their neighbourhood one afternoon for a quick visit. As I walked up from Hampstead rail station, I passed some buildings that reminded me just how lovely Hampstead is!


Bob and I were the first to arrive at the meeting point, and in keeping with Hampstead's status as a neighbourhood of the rich and famous, we both saw a celebrity near Hampstead tube station. Bob's sighting was singer Liam Gallagher from Oasis, peering into shop windows as he walked, gazing at his reflection as he repeatedly readjusted his hat. (Boring. ;-)) I was quite thrilled with my sighting, though: actor Helena Bonham Carter walking down the high street, shopping with a friend. We decided that the only thing they had in common was shockingly perfect skin. Anyway, enough about celebrities! Bronwen joined us at the pub, and before you start calling social services, I should point out that the looming pint in the photo isn't hers--it's her dad's:
Back at the house, Bronwen got ready for a fun night at home with the two pups of the manor and her beloved Auntie Janice, who kindly babysat while Jonathan and Lisa headed out for a night of Shakespeare.

No comments: